At Boston Behavioral Medicine we promote a holistic view of health that defines “healthy functioning” in the context of the individual, family & friends, work, community, and spiritual life. Thus, our interventions are based on an integrative approach that promotes the balance of mental, physical, social, and spiritual health.
We seek to improve the health of individuals and communities by intervening at various levels, including:
- providing direct clinical services
- offering specialty behavioral medicine training to health care professionals
- providing behavioral health consultation to medical providers and health care facilities
- conducting research on the relationships of mind, body, and society
- offering community service
We are also especially committed to ensuring that our state-of-the-art interventions reach members of diverse social, cultural and socioeconomic groups.